Ketterlinus Elementary School will accomplish the highest academic achievement possible for each of our students within a safe learning environment that is staffed by caring, highly qualified teachers and staff.
- We believe that “all children can learn and succeed” but not on the same day in the same way
- We believe that increased student achievement, along with school safety, should be our top priorities
- We support the six pillars of character as outlined in the Character Counts! Program
- We strive to build a true professional learning community
- We understand the critical connection between home and school
- While supporting high standards and the need for a core academic curriculum, we also believe in the theory there are multiple intelligences in human beings
Schedule & Events
School Phone Numbers
Main Office: (904) 547-8540
Fax Number: (904) 547-8554
SUMMER School Hours
Monday – Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm. The last appointment at 2:30pm.
Parent & Student Information
- Grade 5 Holiday Challenge
- Grade 4 Holiday Challenge
- COVID Info for Parents
- 2021 Summer Reading Challenge
- New Student Registration Form 2021-2022
- Hardship Out of Zone
- School Safety Letter
- Economic Safety Report Summary
- 21-22 Elementary Choice Letter
- Class Size Letter 21-22
- Student Code of Conduct Letter 21-22
- Parent Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
- Master Calendar 20-21
- KES T-Shirt Order Form
- School Access Form
- Parent Resource Guide
- School Supply List
- KES Parent Handbook
- School Safety Letter
- St. Johns County Sheriff’s Letter to Parents
School District Information
School District News
2021-2022 Instructional Materials Adoption for Mathematics UPDATE
St. Johns County School District curriculum department representatives and adoption committee members have completed the review process for the Instructional Materials Adoption for Math. On January 25, 2022, the School Board will conduct a public hearing to receive comment from the community regarding the final list of recommendations for instructional resources for this adoption. The public is invited to attend this hearing. The hearing will be held at 9:00 a.m. in the auditorium of the District Administrative Building located at 40 Orange Street in St. Augustine.
We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. Please visit our Instructional Materials Adoption web page to:
- View the resources that are being considered for adoption.
- Find out how to serve on a school committee and formally review the resources as a part of the school review team.
- Learn more about the policies and procedures for textbook adoption.
B.E.S.T. Standards Presentation
The purpose of the video is to provide parents and community members with information about the new B.E.S.T. Standards for English Language Arts and math. The video also explains the timeline for the implementation of the new standards.
Apply Now for the SJCCA Program at R.J. Murray Middle School
Families of Current SJCSD 5th Graders,
All rising 6th grade students are eligible to apply for admission to the award-winning St. Johns County Center for the Arts (SJCCA) at R.J. Murray Middle School. For over 20 years, SJCCA has been a county and state leader in arts instruction. SJCCA students consistently receive the highest ratings and awards at regional and state competitions. Students who attend SJCCA programs have the opportunity to learn and perform at prestigious locations including the St. Augustine Amphitheater, Broadway, and Walt Disney World. SJCCA students often continue to future arts success at prestigious post-secondary institutions.
To learn more about SJCCA, please visit the MMS SJCCA website or attend one of the following informational sessions:
- Tuesday, January 18th at 6pm - Virtual Meeting
- Wednesday, January 19th at 6pm at Allen D. Nease High School
- Thursday, January 27th at 6pm at R.J. Murray Middle School
Ready to Apply?All rising 6th graders may apply by completing the general application in Home Access Center (HAC) until February 10, 2022. Auditions at R. J. Murray Middle School will occur on February 7, 2022.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
Fill Out Your Volunteer School Access Form!
In a continuing effort to provide safety and security to our students and staff we ask that you complete a School Access Form if you plan to enter a facility in the St. Johns County School District. Any person passing beyond the front office area must show a valid driver’s license or state identification card.
It is recommended individuals include their middle name when completing the online application; and, if no middle name, then please use the acronym “NMN”.