Ketterlinus Elementary School Registration Information
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin March 1st.
District-wide registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on March 1st. Starting on that date, you will be able to click the Register My Child For School button on our school website to complete an online registration form for your child.
Beginning the week of April 12, parents/guardians of all current students (including VPK) will receive an email from PowerSchool to complete the annual Returning Student Verification Form for the upcoming school year. The email will contain the link and instructions needed to complete the verification.
You must reside in the Ketterlinus School Zone with valid ‘proof of residency’ or have an approved Zone Waiver in order to register.
Requirements for All Children to Begin School
- Grade Placement(Florida State Statute 1003.21)
- Voluntary Pre-K: A child must be four years old on or before September 1st.
- Kindergarten:A child must be five years old on or before September 1st.
- First Grade:A child must be six years old on or before September 1st AND satisfy one of the following:
- a) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a Florida public school.
b) Satisfactory completion of kindergarten in a non-public school.
c) Previous attendance in an out-of-state school in which the student was admitted on the basis of age requirements established by the state of residency.
- Proof of Residency
- Certain documents will be required to prove residency. View the school district’s Residency and Guardianship Policy for more details.
- Proof of Immunization
- Florida Certification of Immunization, DOH 680 Form (Florida State Statute 1003.22)
- FL Immunization Requirements – FAQs
- Free Pediatric Immunization Clinics
For additional Information regarding immunizations, please contact:
Florida Department of Health – St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Visit the school district’s Health Services Department website for additional information regarding any health issue for school enrollment.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Physical/Health Examination (dated within 12 months of the student’s first day of school)
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Academic Records (for students previous enrolled in another school)
Although we will request the records from the previous school, placement may be expedited if you have:
- Most recent report card
- Unofficial transcripts or grades
Out of County Transfers: If your child is transferring from another Florida County, please provide us with valid proof of residency, health documents (see registration requirements) and current report card from exiting school. This will allow for proper grade placement.
Out of State Transfers: If you are transferring into Florida for the first time, please note that students are required to have a physical exam dated within 12 months of the first day of school. Please contact your current physicians office before relocating to obtain a copy of your child’s most current physical as well as a copy of your child’s complete immunization records. ** Out of state immunizations must be transferred to Florida Form HRS-680 within 30 days of the registration.
Are you ZONED to attend Ketterlinus? Check the Attendance Zone Locator.
Computer Operator: Shelby Kashiwamura
Phone: 904-547-8546 Fax: 904-547-8554
email: [email protected]